This was the best run in a long time as it was the first run that was (nearly) free of pinky toe pain.
- Distance (mi): 6.96
- Time: 01:14:06
- Was less and less inclined to run in KSOs due to pinky toe pain.
- Pain mostly in right pinky toe, but also presented in left pinky toe
- Suspected that pinky toe pain was due to toe pocket hitting toe nail so I decided to perform the Morton’s Toe mod on the pinky toe pocket
- For testing purposes, I only stretched the toe pocket on the right shoe so that it would be easier to determine if there was noticeable difference after performing the mod.
- Clamped the pinky toe pocket in a bench vise, and used a heat gun to heat the rubber sole at the base of the toe pocket while simultaneously stretching the shoe by pulling on the heel with my other hand.
- Wasn’t sure if I making any difference, but after heating and stretching for a while, I turned off the heat gun and continued to stretch the shoe until it cooled down a bit
- Comparing with the left shoe, the pinky toe pocket was 0.125-0.25in longer on the right (stretched) shoe.
- Clamped toe pocket, applied heat, and stretched once more.
- Was not sure if it had been stretched enough but decided to test and see by going on a run.
- The Run
- Right pinky toe was pain free!
- Left pinky toe did experience some discomfort as usual
- Very enjoyable run
- Lots of energy throughout
- Did not feel like stopping
- Basically: just like old times
- Stretch right pinky toe pocket a bit more (for additional clearance)
- Stretch left pinky toe pocket
- Test walking after mod (pinky toe pain usually increased due to different gait while walking).