Update: 1.5.4 Beta 5 has been released
Brave testers, please update, read the release notes below, and let me know if any issues seen in previous betas are resolved in this update. Thanks!
A new version of Simple Lightbox has been released and this time I’m trying something a bit different. Generally, I test and test (and test) before releasing a stable update to the plugin. However, I know I’m not able to check everything and since several areas of the plugin have been modified since the last version, I’m releasing a beta version of Simple Lightbox for some brave testers to test and provide feedback before I release the final version for the masses.
Not to worry though. I’ve still tested and tested (and tested) this update and it’s stable as far as I can tell. However, as the userbase grows for Simple Lightbox, it is increasingly important that little bugs don’t slip through that could affect someone’s site.
What you get
For being a brave lad and installing the beta version on your site, you get the latest version with all the new features before anyone else. You also get a chance to provide feedback before the final version is released. Awesome, I know.
Oh yeah, and if you find a bug, the fix is named after you. Fame and fortune will soon follow.
What I need
Pretty simple. I need you to install the plugin and make sure everything is working.
If you have an bug/issue to report, please provide the following:
- URL of page exhibiting bug (I can’t do much if I can’t test it myself)
- WordPress version (3.1.1 etc.)
- Browser(s) with issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Fix: Enabling lightbox on Pages issue
- Fix: Zmanu is_single
- Fix: Image order is sometimes incorrect
- Optimize: Improved link validation
- Optimize: Filter double clicks
- Add: Keyboard Navigation
- Add: Option to enable/disable link validation (disable this option to see if that resolves any issues experienced in Beta 1)
- Fix: HTTPS compatibility (Jürgen Protocol)
- Add: Option to enable/disable image caption
- Optimize: Separate options to enable/disable SLB on Posts and Pages
relattribute supported again
- Add: Use
relattribute to disable automatic activation for link
- Add: Check URLs for nonexistent images before attempting to display in lightbox
- Optimize: Better grouping support
Now go get the beta!