Update: Simple Lightbox 2.0 has been released. Get it now!
I am happy to announce that the time has come to unleash the latest version of Simple Lightbox!
In the past, betas have been released via WordPress’ own plugin update mechanism, however SLB 2.0 is a major update and a lot of things have been changed (for the better), so we’re going to do things a bit differently this time.
- Completely new lightbox code with a focus on modularity, customization, and performance
- Versatile content support (virtually any type of content can be displayed in SLB via plugins)
- Robust theme support (customizable animations, template tags, widgets, etc.)
- Spiffy new default themes
- HTML5 compliant
- Automatically resizes content to fit the browser
- Customizable via 3rd party plugins – developers go wild!
Basically, the only thing that has not changed is that SLB is still as simple as ever to use.
Read the Release Notes
- Latest: Release Candidate 4 — Responsive theme and legacy browser compatibility optimizations
- Release Candidate 3 — Code cleanup and fixes
- Release Candidate 2 — Optimizations, gearing up for final release
- Release Candidate 1 — Bug fixes, API enhancements, i18n-readification (translate that)
- Beta 7 — New release schedule and awesome APIs
Our brave beta testers have been absolutely instrumental in making SLB the most purpose-built lightbox for WordPress. Whenever the beta signal popped up in their WP dashboard, there they were, on the front line, downloading and testing fresh beta versions of SLB for the betterment of all (plus they got to be the first to play with new features). While the betas were made available to everyone, it was these brave souls who made sure each new version of SLB was ready for the world.
SLB 2.0 has changed in so many ways that a beta version cannot be released via WordPress’ plugin update mechanism, lest an unsuspecting user (i.e. someone who didn’t read the bright red beta warning) install the beta and experience problems (that’s why we call it beta, folks). Instead, beta versions of SLB will be released on GitHub:
Join the Brave Beta Team
Want to dive deep into the world of brave testers? Join the ranks of the Brave Beta Team. Just some of the perks of being a brave tester:
- Be the first to play with bleeding-edge features
- Help to ensure new versions of SLB are ready for prime time
- Directly influence what features find their way to SLB’s public (read: boring) releases
- As always, if you find a bug the fix is named after you. Fame and fortune will surely soon follow.
- Secret meetings and handshakes (decoder rings, yo!)
Sign up to be a Brave Tester Now
You’ll be the first to hear about upcoming releases and even get a chance to play with other software before anyone else.
[gravityform id=1 name=BraveBeta Team title=false description=false]
Found a bug or otherwise experiencing an issue with Simple Lightbox? Report the issue here.