Message processing time has fallen under 30 minutes once again! I even scuttled just under 20 minutes this week!
I felt sluggish and unfocused while processing the messages in the inbox today. Why?
- I didn’t know what type of messages to process first — archiving, filtering, reading, other?
- I stopped to read through some messages
- Some messages required additional attention
Thankfully, processing bulk messages and management tasks took a very short time this week. This more than made up for my meandering in the inbox. I’m very happy to (finally) see payoffs from the time spent refining the filters.
- Checked email: 1 time
- Time: 10:20:50
- Total messages: 164
- Inbox: 48
- Bulk: 101
- Important: 2
- Management: 5
- Incorrect Smart Label: 4
- Unsubscribe: 1
- Update filtering: 0
- Time per Message
- Inbox: 13:13 (3.6 messages/minute)
- Bulk: 03:53 (26 messages/minute)
- Management (filters, etc.): 02:36
- Total: 19:42
- Average: 8.3 messages/minute